Published on July 13th, 2015 | by Abu Umayza | Views: 1414
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه، أما بعـد
Anas رضي الله عنهم narrated that the The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم asked (some of his Companions):
إي الخلق أعجب إيمانا ؟ قالوا : الملائكة . قال : الملائكة كيف لا يؤمنون ؟ قالوا : النبيون . قال : النبيون يوحى إليهم فكيف لا يؤمنون ؟ قالوا : الصحابة . قال : الصحابة مع الأنبياء فكيف لا يؤمنون ؟ ولكن أعجب الناس إيمانا : قوم يجيئون من بعدكم فيجدون كتابا من الوحي فيؤمنون به ويتبعونه فهم أعجب الناس إيمانا – أو الخلق إيمانا
“Who is the most amazing in belief from the creation? They said, ‘The Angels.’ He صلى الله عليه وسلم said, ‘How can they not believe (when they are near their Lord)?’ They said, ‘Then the Prophets.’ He صلى الله عليه وسلم said, ‘How should they not believe when Revelation comes to them?’ They said, ‘Then the Sahabah.’ He صلى الله عليه وسلم said, ‘How should the Sahabah not believe when the Prophet is present (amongst them)?’ He صلى الله عليه وسلم then said, “Indeed I am amazed by people of faith – those who will appear after you and (will) find books of revelation (with them), believing in what they find (written) therein – they are the amazing of creation in belief.”
[Al-Bazzar, ‘Kashf al-Astaar’, 2679; Tabarani, ‘Mu’jam al-Kabeer’, 12560 – classed as hasan in ‘Silsilah as-Saheehah’, 8/230 (#3215)]
1. The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
قوم يأتون من بعدكم يأتيهم كتاب بين لوحين يؤمنون به ويعملون بما فيه أولئك أعظم منكم أجرا
“A people will come after you, books will reach them between two sheets (i.e. pages), they (will) believe (in) and act (by) what is contained in them, they have a greater reward than you.”
[Meezan al-I’tidal, 2/291, Dhahabi; Khalq Af’al al-Ibaad’, Imam Bukhari; ‘Mu’jam al-Kabeer’, Tabarani; ‘Tahdeeb al-Kamal’, al-Mizzi; ‘Dham al-Kalam’, Harawi; ‘Tareekh ad-Dimisq’, Ibn Asakir and others – classed as saheeh in ‘Silsilah as-Saheehah’, 9/90 (#3310)
2. These books will contain knowledge of Revelation of the Qur’an and Sunnah. The latter generations will believe in them and have full conviction in them with their tongues, hearts and limbs; and will act according to them. They will be sufficed with what comes to them from their righteous Salaf and will not look hither or thither for guidance.
3. If we understand this, then we can see the reason such a people deserve this great reward is due to their unshakeable faith in their Deen despite not having seen the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم or accompanied him. Anas رضي الله عنهم narrated that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
وددت أني لقيت إخواني , فقال أصحابه: أوليس نحن إخوانك? قال: أنتم أصحابي و لكن إخواني الذين آمنوا بي و لم يروني
“I wish that I could meet my brothers.” The Sahabah asked: “Are we not your brothers?” He replied: “You are my Companions, but my brothers are those who believe in me without having seen me.”
[Musnad Ahmad, 3/155 (see also Saheeh Muslim, 249 with additional wording) – classed as saheeh in ‘Silsilah al-Saheehah’, 2888 (see also ‘Saheeh Adab al-Mufrad’, 244)]
4. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
طوبى لمن رآني وآمن بي، وطوبى لمن آمن بي ولم يرني سبع مرات
“Glad-tidings to those who saw me and believe in me, and glad-tidings to those who believe in me and did not see me” – seven times.”
[Al-Haythami, ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’, 10/54 – classed as saheeh in ‘Silsilah as-Saheehah’, 1241]
5. They may even be small in number while those who oppose the guidance of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم may be many. Perhaps this is why Hasan al-Basri said: “So, be patient in sticking to it (i.e. the Sunnah), as Ahl as-Sunnah are the fewest of people. They don’t indulge with the people of indulgence, and they don’t follow their desires along with the innovators. They were patient in sticking to their path until they met their Lord. So, be the same way ‘insha Allaah.” He then said: “If a man saw these vices – this one calling him to itself, and that one calling him to itself – and he says ‘I don’t want anything but the Sunnah of Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم and he goes around seeking it out, such a person will have a great reward. So, be this way ‘insha Allaah.” [See ‘ad-Durar as-Saniyyah’, vol. 8, p. 94]
6. These ahadeeth that are found to be authentic, do not in any way compare or equate the fada’il of the Sahabah رضي الله عنهما to those who will come after them! Know that the one who show the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم (even momentarily) and believed in him is better than all those who will come after them, no matter how pious or righteous they are! And there is no dispute in this fact.
These narrations simply show the reward of those who cling firmly and stubbornly to the guidance of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم upon the way of the Sahabah and make it from their fundamental methodology – while inheriting all the noble qualities that are praiseworthy in Islam. They will persevere and invite people to the guidance and will not fear the blame of the blamers or the praise of the praisers; and neither will their claim be made of mere slogans and hollow claims of ‘ittiba.
7. For some explanations regarding this topic, please see: http://www.saaid.net/bahoth/21.htm
May Allaah make us amongst those who long to be with the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and whom the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم longs to meet us. Ameen.
The more the people are guided to follow the goodness, the greater the opportunity for him to get the reward.
Copyright © 2014 | Eaalim Institute | Developed by www.eaalim.com
This post has been viewed times